How to Develop PrestaShop API Integration in 2022
PrestaShop API integration is a crucial process for all eCommerce software and application providers.
The connection with this well-known shopping platform allows increasing software business opportunities in times. PrestaShop has a huge success among the e-merchans from more than 30 countries of the world. For example, there are more than 87,000 stores in the USA built on this platform. Also, it is highly popular in France (43,000+ online stores), Spain (28,000+ stores), Poland (20,000+ stores) and Italy (20,000+ stores).
The number of PrestaShop e-stores is growing. This increases the pool of prospective customers for eCommerce software and app providers, who can reach these customers by integrating their systems with PrestaShop.
PrestaShop API integration can be useful regardless of the types of services you offer — such as mobile commerce, inventory management, shipping services, repricing software, or product information services.
In this article, we will explore the main aspects related to the PrestaShop API as well as how to create a connection with this platform.
PrestaShop API Specifics
PrestaShop offers an application programming interface to developers and vendors, facilitating access to its data. The platform, which has been on the market for over 11 years, provides a powerful solution to help businesses reach new opportunities.
CREATE, READ, UPDATE and DELETE are the four basic operations for working with data in a PrestaShop e-commerce store using REST architecture. HTTP also has four main methods for managing data. The correspondence can be done with CRUD and SQL.
To create a resource on PrestaShop, it is necessary to GET the XML blank data and make all the required changes. Once these tasks have been completed, a POST HTTP request can be made with the XML.
To update an existing resource, GET the full XML file for that resource and edit the content that needs to be updated. Then it is possible to submit a PUT request with the updated XML file.
Furthermore, instead of XML, it is possible to use JSON.
PrestaShop API integration will bring you 315+ thousands of store owners as your potential clients. At the same time, this integration can provide a steady stream of revenue and increase your client count with ease. However, establishing this level of integration requires technical expertise and experience.
The Process of PrestaShop API Integration Development
API2Cart is a unified API that lets you integrate your software with PrestaShop and more than 40 other platforms, including Magento, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, OpenCart, and numerous others. The integration can be done in just a few minutes thanks to the simplicity of this solution.
Once you connect your software with API2Cart API, you can retrieve, add, update, delete, and sync all data from the clients’ store on PrestaShop and the other supported shopping platforms.
API2Cart provides both static and interactive documentation on how to work with their service. Currently, the system serves more than 50000 active stores, and this number is not limited. Its flexible infrastructure allows unlimited clients to interact with the system. SSL certificates provide secure interactions between the client’s stores and the API2Cart application.
The Business Cases You Can Solve with API2Cart
API2Cart has over 100 API methods for managing the PrestaShop e-store data. For instance:
- to work with products: product.list / count / info / add/ update / attribute.list / child_item.list
- to work with orders: order.count / list / info/ add / update/ status.list/ shipment.list / abandoned.list
- to work with customer data: list / count / find / add / update / delete
- to work with categories: list / count / add / update / delete
- to work with account: account.cart.list / cart.add / supported_platforms
- to work with carts: cart.create / validate / list / delete / methods / disconnect
Additionally, you can find the full list of API2Cart API methods in their API Docs.
For example, API2Cart can help such eCommerce businesses:
- Warehouse and inventory management service. You can connect your software with Prestashop, retrieve products and orders from the stores, and control inventory and stock levels.
- Mobile commerce. You can quickly sync and get updated information from online shops such as product descriptions, orders, customers, etc. and reflect the changes into a mobile one.
- Shipping management software. PrestaShop API integration enables merchants to sync inventory levels, monitor and update tracking info, import orders from the online stores based on this shopping platform, etc.
- Data feed management software. Retrieve product information and send it to various channels to facilitate excellent data feeds.
- Marketing automation system. Send out emails to customers featuring new items, discounts, and special prices. Notify customers about order statuses and track cart abandoners.
It is possible to test all API2Cart functionality for a month for free. All that is required to do is to register your free API2Cart account now.