Shopify Data Import: How to Get Order, Product and Customer Information
If you are an eCommerce software provider in areas such as inventory management, order management, shipping management, product information management, or warehouse management, your software needs data from your customers’ online stores to function. Data on orders, customers, products, and categories from your customers’ stores based on shopping platforms like Shopify enables your software to perform its core functions. So how can you access such data?
The only viable way to get data from Shopify and other shopping platforms is to establish an integration between your eCommerce software and those platforms.
Shopify data import can help you use the retrieved data to run your eCommerce software, which in turn will benefit your customers in managing their eCommerce activities smoothly.
Shopify API Integration: Why You Should Develop It
Shopify data import not only helps get your software up and running, but it also allows eCommerce software providers to take advantage of many other opportunities. Here’s why you need to develop Shopify API integration:
- Shopify is the most popular eCommerce platform that powers around 1,441,758 websites which happen to be its customers across the globe. It is present in 175 countries and offers you the opportunity to expand your customer base on a global scale.
- When you integrate your software with Shopify, you can connect with more than all Shopify customers as your prospective clients. You can propose your software to these prospects if you have integrated it with Shopify.
- You can make more profit with Shopify integration as the number of customers increases when you connect with the shopping platform giant. Whether you’re in multichannel, shipping, ERP, warehousing, repricing, or any other eCommerce industry, integrating with Shopify can help you grow your customer base.
- With Shopify integration, you have access to all shop data and can work with customer, order, product and category details. This way you can extract, add, delete, update and manipulate the data according to the requirements of the software.
Shopify API Integration Difficulties
Regardless of how important Shopify data import is, the process to set up Shopify integration is complex and time-consuming. There are several challenges associated with developing a Shopify API integration. Take a look:
- Integration is a complex process in itself. Advanced code needs to be developed and connected to the shopping platforms’ APIs.
Moreover, each shopping platform has its own logic and architecture based on which you need to develop your integration. It needs highly complex procedures to be executed and a team of advanced developers that is hard to find.
- Developing the Shopify integration and importing data from it is time consuming. If you do it internally, it can take 8 weeks to 4 months to get all the connectivity in place.
Added to it is the time needed for hiring, training, and employing developers for the process. Also, Shopify keeps updating its API for security reasons, which adds another task for updating integrations.
- Integrations are expensive. While the cost of establishing integration is as high as 4000 dollars, the infrastructure setup, hiring developer team, updates and maintenance add to the cost and make your expense bills touch the next level.
Is there a way to avoid these challenges and perform Shopify integration and Shopify data import easily and fast? Yes, cheque it out.
How to Connect to Shopify?
There is a one-stop solution for all your Shopify integration challenges — API2Cart.
API2Cart is a unified API that allows eCommerce software providers to connect to more than 40 eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, Amazon and more at once.
It eliminates the need for separate integrations, saving huge investments in time, money and resources. By simply integrating your eCommerce software with API2Cart, you can connect your software to all desirable shopping platforms.
Therefore, Shopify integration and Shopify data import are no longer complicated, expensive and time-consuming tasks, as API2Cart is highly experienced in such processes. By managing integrations, updates and maintenance itself, API2Cart ensures that you can focus on other important business functions while API2Cart unified API does the needful.
With a subscription-based model, API2Cart looks after additional expenses and tiresome updates and eliminates the need to hire and train a team of developers.
How to Perform Shopify Data Import?
Now that you know how API2Cart can help you with Shopify integration and Shopify data import, let’s see how the process looks like:
- First of all, you need to register a free trial account on API2Cart
- Then you need to add a store based on Shopify by filling in all the necessary fields. It is needed to paste the API key, API password, and shared secret which your customer can generate in the Shopify admin panel and provide you with it.
- After that, it is possible to import data from Shopify like orders, customers, products, etc. using API2Cart API methods.
API2Cart provides a wide range of API methods that allows importing data on:
- orders: order.info, order.list
- products: product.list, product.info
- customers: customer.list, customer.info
- categories:category.list, category.info
- taxes: tax.class.info
For more details on how API2Cart can help you with developing the reliable API integration with Shopify and retrieve all the necessary data from its stores, visit the company website — https://api2cart.com/.
Originally published at https://dev.to on April 20, 2021.